Behavioral Health Support @ Canyon Pediatrics
Canyon does not provide behavioral health services. As an integrated provider Canyon Pediatrics knows that your family's mental health is just as important as your physical health. Canyon has Behavioral Health Consultants (BHC) on staff to help support providers and your family with mental health questions that you may be experiencing.
Canyon Pediatrics provides behavioral health support for patients in a variety of ways including:
- Screening and assessment for behavioral health concerns
- Care coordination activities with specialty behavioral health
- Preventative, mild, and moderate treatment of some behavioral health concerns
- Medication support for ADHD. BHCs and Canyon providers are not psychiatricsts and do not prescribe medication! Medication management and prescription may be completed with your medical provider or with referral to a speciality mental health medical professional.
- Referral to specialty behavioral health
For more information on behavioral health supports please see the links below or set an appointment today to meet with our BHC staff!
Learn more about what a BHC is and what to expect at your BHC consult appointment
Learn more about common behavioral health concerns including screeners and interventions for use at home
Learn more about local resources for community behavioral health and supports